This dashboard contains links to local data, information, help and support for COVID-19.
Bridging the Gap
Whether you want to know about the service itself or to volunteer for it please contact the shop directly:
Tel: 01829 759023
Emotional Support Services
St Johns Church, Timebank and Bridging the Gap are providing emotional support services to residents. If you feel in need of such support or would be interested in being a volunteer please contact Aileen or Sally about these services.
Other Services and Getting Help
We may be able to provide some other services, such as dog walking, for people who are self isolating or are unwell. If you, or someone you know, is interested and might need support with something not referred to here please contact Aileen or Sally.
CWaC and National Information
Local and UK COVID-19 Data
Use the links below to view up to date local data on COVID-19.
Roadmap out of Lockdown
Help and Support
The links below provide a range of useful information and advice.
- Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) continues to update its website about how the vaccination programme is being run locally.
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations for people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Anyone looking to support the vaccination programme as a volunteer should sign up to the NHS Volunteer Responders programme. Any volunteering tasks are being coordinated through this programme.
- Looking for another volunteering role in your local community? Cheshire West Voluntary Action (CWVA) has a new volunteering website, providing an opportunity for people to apply directly through the site and a chance for organisations to add their own opportunities.
- The first NHS large-scale COVID-19 mass vaccination centre in the borough is set to open at Chester Racecourse in mid-February.
- Cheshire West and Chester’s army of unpaid carers are getting a digital boost that will help them get online and access vital services. Eligible residents have been identified through Cheshire West and Chester’s dedicated carer support services and GPs.
- There’s a range of support available for families over the February half term.
- For more information on the COVID-19 vaccinations, please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine
- For more information on the flu vaccination and who is eligible, please visit: nhs.uk/fluvaccine
- Local NHS Mental health and wellbeing
- National NHS Mental health & wellbeing
- Healthwatch Mental health and support
- CWaC Mental Health Support
- Employment support is available through the Council’s work zones
- A dedicated Council helpline is available for vulnerable groups at higher risk from COVID-19. Call: 0300 123 7031
- The Council’s HELP team is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday: 0300 123 7065. More information about the HELP team
- The CWP mental health helpline will be open over Christmas and New Year. Call: 0800 145 6485
- The Number 71 Crisis Café is there to support residents
- Self help and support resources from the NHS
- Mental wellbeing audio guides from the NHS
- Mental health apps from the NHS
- Find out about different mental health services on the Live Well website
- Platform for Life is a charity offering counselling and play therapy sessions to low income families – parents, young people and children – in Blacon and Lache struggling with mental health issues
- Milestone Mums is a peer support group for mums with mental health issues
- Motherwell Cheshire CIO is a service provided for women by women, promoting positive health and wellbeing
- The Smile Group supports mums who have suffered postnatal depression
- Kind to Your Mind website
- Information about Every Mind Matters on the NHS website
- Details about better health on the NHS website
- Keeping up your fitness with Brio Leisure
- Young Minds website
- Health Advice (Symptoms and Testing)
- How to get help from CWaC
- Staying safe online
- CWaC Services updates
- Face Coverings Video
- Safe disposal of face coverings video
- Inspire Cheshire West
- £500 Test and Trace support payment for people during their period of self-isolation. This is available until 31 January 2021. More about the support payments.
- As all of the Council’s Community Response Fund has now been distributed, the crowdfunding platform Spacehive is being used to provide further opportunities for community initiatives to access funding, with the Council making a £50,000 contribution to kickstart the pot. More about the crowdfunding platform and how others can donate
- Healthwatch Cheshire is carrying out a survey about health, care and wellbeing. Take part in the survey