** UPCOMING EVENT : Lighting of the Christmas Tree 2023 – Friday 9th December 6-8pm
Free Entry. Mini Lights Trail for children. Mince Pies. Mulled Wine. Licensed Bar.
Queen Elizabeth II Playing Field, Ashton Lane, Ashton Hayes, Chester CH3 8AA
The 4.7 acre Playing Field is owned and managed by AHSRA (Ashton Hayes Sports & Recreation Association) and available for our community throughout the year, as well as being the location for village events. We are very proud that our Playing Field is a Field in Trust. Our Plaque is proudly displayed on the Pavilion Building. You can find out why this is so important by using the About link above.
(The gallery below shows what our Playing Field looks like through the seasons)
- Children’s playground, including a zip wire
- Outdoor adult gym
- Boules court
- Benches and picnic benches across the site, some under the cover of chinese hat marquette tents
- Circular hard surfaced perimeter path (quarter of a mile)
- Nature area, variety of trees including flowering cherry, apple and silver birch
- Football pitches. One main pitch and one smaller side pitch. Available for hire, see Contact link above
- Pavilion building with changing rooms, viewing room, toilets and showers. Available for hire, see Contact link above
- The Pavilion Café. Find out more using the link above.
Keep Scrolling for images of what our Playing Field looks like through the seasons or check out the AHSRA Gallery
There is a cycle rack and a limited number of parking spaces. Please do not park on Ashton Lane as it can cause a hazard. We ask that you do not park on any pavements around the village and always park considerately.