If you receive suspicious text messgaes or emails please use the information beow to report them:
The Government are encouraging the public to forward suspicious text messages to 7726 (which is free of charge).
Suspicious emails can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
All other reports and useful advice/information
Action Fraud is the central police reporting point for all victims of fraud and can be contacted by phone on 0300 123 2040 or through their website:
Using this information, City of London Police, the National Cyber Security Centre and the National Crime Agency are able to facilitate numbers being used for scam calls/texts being blocked or removed.
The parish council would like to bring you up to date with what is happening behind the scenes following the recent flooding:
- the Environment Agency attended a Parish Council meeting immediately following the flooding to discuss what they knew at that stage
- a major incident report was written by the Parish Council and submitted to the Joint Cheshire Emergency Planning Team
- meetings with CW&C and the Joint Cheshire Emergency Planning Team have been taking place with a view to updating our local emergency plan
- site visits/inspections have taken place by the Environment Agency and United Utilities
- CW&C have begun a section 19 flood investigation as part of their role as Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA)
- CW&C have engaged Betta Hydro Consulting Engineers to assist them with the required flood risk management and section 19 investigation. They have already completed a site survey of the area.
- CCTV surveying of the drainage systems will be taking place over the coming weeks. This may require some local road closures. Advance warning will be issued where possible.
As we receive further information, we will share it with you at the appropriate time.
Ashton Hayes and Horton cum Peel Parish Council
Following numerous complaints regarding the loud noises emanating from the bird scarer at Tarvin Sands, CWaC Environmental Health have asked for our support in investigating the issue further.
The message below is from CWaC and we would ask for your help and support if you are concerned about the noise:
Environmental Health can investigate this matter under statutory noise nuisance, whilst I note some diary records may have been provided in support of these we would request the use of the Council’s noise app which will demonstrate the level of noise disturbance.
The Council’s ‘noise app’ can be downloaded by visiting the website below: https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/pests-pollution-food-safety/issues-with-noise/the-noise-app.aspx
To progress this matter we would require a complainants address, as statutory noise nuisance is property specific with a person’s use of their home being impacted by another’s action.
CWaC Environmental Health