The parish council would like to bring you up to date with what is happening behind the scenes following the recent flooding:
- the Environment Agency attended a Parish Council meeting immediately following the flooding to discuss what they knew at that stage
- a major incident report was written by the Parish Council and submitted to the Joint Cheshire Emergency Planning Team
- meetings with CW&C and the Joint Cheshire Emergency Planning Team have been taking place with a view to updating our local emergency plan
- site visits/inspections have taken place by the Environment Agency and United Utilities
- CW&C have begun a section 19 flood investigation as part of their role as Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA)
- CW&C have engaged Betta Hydro Consulting Engineers to assist them with the required flood risk management and section 19 investigation. They have already completed a site survey of the area.
- CCTV surveying of the drainage systems will be taking place over the coming weeks. This may require some local road closures. Advance warning will be issued where possible.
As we receive further information, we will share it with you at the appropriate time.
Ashton Hayes and Horton cum Peel Parish Council